As members will be aware NIPSA has lodged the following pay claim with the NICS:
- As members will be aware NIPSA has lodged the following pay claim with the NICS:
- A 5% increase on all points of all pay scales including the maximum points;
- A 5% increase on all allowances; Further scale shortening on all pay scales;
- Address the issue of the AA/AO single grade;
- Explore the issue of a single EOII/EOI grade which would be the subject of a separate consultation with members in both grades.
As part of the campaign to highlight the claim a leaflet has been produced and is available to download click on the icon. Members have borne the brunt of austerity for far too long with pay freezes, promotion embargos, pension increases and national insurance increases.
It is important that we highlight to members, their families, political representatives and the wider public that we deserve a 5% pay increase. Our claim is modest. Inflation is expected to be above 3% by the end of 2017 and our members have lost up to 20% in real pay terms since 2009.
All branches are encouraged to leaflet members and non-members both within and outside Civil Service buildings.
This is the first in a series of leaflets and initiatives which will be undertaken to ensure we highlight the very real and justifiable case our members have for a fair and decent pay increase.