All courses will be conducted via zoom, and will pay particular attention to Covid and how it is effecting workplace issues.
For more information on all our upcoming courses please visit the ICTU Course Directory.
To register for any of the courses or for more information complete your details below.
Trade Union Representatives Stage 1
10 Tuesdays, 03.05.22 – 05.07.22
The 10 day course for union reps and shop stewards focuses on the essential information, employment rights and skills that will be needed in the workplace including understanding union structures, representing members, grievance and discipline and negotiation at work.
Certificate in Employment Law
10 Wednesdays, 04.05.22 – 06.07.22
This course aims to deepen the understanding of concepts raised in the stage 1 course and providing guidance on the practical application and development of rep’s skills. The course includes:
- Employment Law for Trade Union Representatives;
- Negotiating Employment Rights at Work;
- Trade Union Approach to Employment Rights.
Health and Safety Stage 1
10 Fridays, 29.04.22 – 08.07.22, (No Class 03.06.22)
This course is suitable for new health and safety reps or elected reps who have not yet been trained.
It will cover the essential knowledge of the role and skills including organising and an understanding of health and safety legislation and how this can be interpreted for the workplace.
Health and Safety Stage 2
10 Thursdays, 12.05.22 – 28.07.22, (No Class 02.06.22 and 14.07.22)
This stage 2 course is a necessary progression for health and safety reps. Course content includes:
- Building a Safe and Healthy Workplace;
- Trade Union Health and Safety Organisation;
- Trade Unions Keeping up to date on Health and Safety;
- Trade Unions Effecting Change in Health and Safety;
- Health and Safety Representatives – Expanding Skills.