To coincide with Northern Ireland LGB&T Awareness Week which runs from 11 to 17 May we are launching our new sexual harassment campaign ‘#Reclaiming Boundaries – Respect, Tolerance and Solidarity towards Workers’.
Attached to links at the bottom of the page are a series of posters and campaign leaflet.
The campaign has been developed in furtherance of the aims of Resolution No 27, adopted at the 2019 NIPSA Annual Delegate Conference, which specifically highlighted the impact of sexual harassment on LGB&T members and the lack of proper research in Northern Ireland on the experiences of LGB&T people in the workplace.
We are asking branches to raise awareness of the campaign via social media, display the posters on branch noticeboards and to use the various social media platforms to post and tweet messages during the week. Messages could include:
- Respect every worker’s boundaries;
- Concerned about inappropriate behaviour contact your NIPSA Branch Rep;
- Don’t suffer in silence if you are being sexually harassed speak to your NIPSA Branch Rep;
- Employers must take a zero-tolerance approach to all forms of discrimination and harassment;
- Sexual harassment is not just a joke or banter or flirting – if it causes offence its sexual harassment – call it out.
NIPSA has also produced a Dignity at Work Guide.
Please ensure this information is circulated as widely as possible.