Further to the article posted by the Deputy General Secretary on 1 May 2020 I am writing to advise all members that the Finance Minister, Conor Murphy in acknowledging the difficulties which NIPSA had in properly consulting all members on the offer tabled on 18 March 2020 as decided to implement the offer.
The details of the offer were as follows (effective from 1 August 2019):
- All eligible satisfactory performers (based on the reporting year 1 April 2018 to 31 March 2019) to receive one step progression with effect from 1 August 2019;
- All points on all scales from minimum to maximum to be revalorised by 2%;
- Any staff receiving less than a 2% consolidated increase to receive an additional non-consolidated, non-pensionable payment to bring them up to the equivalent value of 2% of their salary at 31 July 2019;
- A 2% increase to apply all fixed rate pay leads as well as percentage based pay leads with effect from 1 August 2019;
- An increase in the Auditor SO (MIIA and BATS) (CMIIA equivalent) pay lead to align with the SO Accountant pay lead with effect from 1 August 2019; and
- An increase to the Auditor SO (MIIA or BATS) (CIA equivalent) pay lead rate to half of the revised Auditor SO (MIIA and BATS) rate as set out at (e) with effect from 1 August 2019.
In addition, the areas of reform identified in the offer of 18 March 2020 will be taken forward in consultation with NIPSA. These are significant issues for members and NIPSA will not be found wanting in seeking to secure the best possible outcomes for members. In addition, there will be key asks from NIPSA, particularly arising out of the current pandemic which have highlighted a number of areas which will need to be addressed in the new world in which we are all now living. It is anticipated that the arrears and the pay uplift will be paid in the July 2020 salaries.
The Civil Service Executive Committee wishes to thank all members for their work at this very difficult time and I can advise that the at the next meeting of the Civil Service Group Executive Committee on 18 May 2020 consideration will be given to the 2020/21 NICS Pay Claim.