I am writing to advise members of the outcome of the branch consultation on the 2016 NICS Pay Offer.
The result of the branch consultation was as follows:
- Those voting to ACCEPT the offer 71%
- Those voting to REJECT the offer 27%
- Those ABSTAINING on the offer 2%
The Civil Service Group Executive Committee met today and considered the response and agreed to accept the offer as outlined in NIPSA Bulletin B/09/16. For clarity the offer was as follows:
- all eligible satisfactory performers to receive one step progression with effect from 1 August 2016;
- all points on pay scales from minimum to maximum to be revalorised by 1%;
- any staff receiving less than a 1% consolidated increase to receive a non-consolidated non-pensionable payment to bring them up to the equivalent value of 1% of their salary (for those in receipt of a salary in excess of the maximum, this would be limited to 1% of the equivalent NICS scale maximum) at 31 July 2016;
- the bottom two steps of the AA and analogous grades pay scale to be removed; and
- the bottom step of the AO – Grade 6 and analogous grades pay scales to be removed.
NIPSA will now be advising Management Side of the outcome of the consultation and will be pressing for the pay offer to be implemented as quickly as possible.