Advice now clear from DfC - staff with vulnerable persons living with them must apply for special leave which will likely be extended for more than 5 days. However they need to apply first.

If you have a vulnerable person living with you, the advice is the same. Apply for special paid leave and if your application is rejected, contact your local NIPSA rep to assist you in challenging the decision. Mgt have stated all applications will be viewed sympathetically but you must apply first.

Dooley Harte
Assistant Secretary