- Civil Servants, like other workers, have been affected by austerity and have suffered wage cuts of between 15% and 20% over the last decade;
- The majority of Civil Servants now earn below the NI average wage and rely on second jobs and tax credits just to make ends meet;
- Things are so bad that management had to take special measures just to ensure the lowest paid civil servants stay above the legal minimum wage;
- More money in workers’ pockets means more money in our community.
- Civil service workers have decided that enough is enough and have voted by 68.5% to take action.
Click the link below to download pdf to print or share or share this link Civil Servants are Just Like You Leaflet